I am overwhelmed by the impossibility of it – all this energy; all these personalities with different experience, expectations, sensitivities, possibilities; intelligences. How to enthuse them, build up their confidence; allow them their individuality while keeping them on a road that goes somewhere? To provided discipline without de-motivating; to allow them to take responsibility for themselves.
What interests me is the process of school: what is really happening? What is really being learnt? The BIG questions:
- What is really interesting?
- What is relevant?
- What do you need to know?
- How do you learn it?
- What is the role of school in this process? How can I best use it?
- Who Am I? What is my character? How do I behave and react? What are my habits?
- What is my motivation?
- What do I want to become? How do I need to change to achieve this?